Monday, May 9, 2011

TRESemmé Color Revitalize Shampoo and Color Revitalize Conditioner Review


I have my hair colored and highlighted professionally about every 6 weeks so I was very excited when Bzzagent.com offered me the opportunity to try out the new TRESemmé Color Revitalize products. As part of the “Bzz campaign” I received a 15 ounce bottle of each the shampoo and conditioner to use and share my opinion on.

This is what TRESemmé says the products do for your hair:
Advanced Color Lock Technology uses specialized conditioning ingredients to keep your color looking vibrant 8X longer*
Helps protect your hair from environmental factors, which make your shade look dull and flat.
Green Tea, Rosemary, and Sunflower make your hair feel and look healthier while preserving your salon-quality color.
Preps your hair for optimal styling by leaving hair softer and more manageable.

My Review: 4 ½ out of 5 STARS



The first thing I always notice about a shampoo or conditioner is its’ scent. These products smell just wonderful. They have a light floral sort of fruity smell, though I can’t tell you the exact scent it is.
The shampoo is quite thick and I found that I was able to use less per use than my usual shampoo. It creates a nice thick and rick lather and once rinsed my hair felt squeaky clean. I did notice that my hair was VERY tangled after rinsing it out though.
The conditioner is also nice and thick and again I felt I was able to use a little less than I would with my usual conditioner. I smooth it through my hair, and then used a broad tooth comb to de-tangle my hair before allowing it to sit for about 3 minutes. After rinsing, my hair was very smooth. I should mention that my hair is quite curly and can be pretty unruly. After using this conditioner my hair stayed pretty smooth for styling.
As far as the claims that it protects you color longer than other shampoos, I can’t really say that I noticed a difference. But then, I never really notice a problem with my color not lasting. I will say that these are nice products, and they certainly did not hurt my hair so I would defiantly recommend them.

You can register for coupons from TRESemmé.

No comments: